Thursday, February 21, 2013

Is It a Crazy Idea or a Breakthrough?

The Difference Between a Breakthrough
and a Crazy Idea is Timing
***The Never Give Up Series***

And in This Corner: The Never Give Up Series
Today I introduce the "Never Give Up Series" of motivation quotations, idioms, analogies, metaphors, and stories.  The series is specifically dedicated towards positivity, drive, and motivation where the difference between hopelessness and grand success is one day, one act of bravery, or one encouraging word. 
______________________________________________

Yesterday You Were Crazy
When I read a review of a book or an article and the person is raving about it....especially when the words are generic or vacuous, like great or interesting, without an insightful explanation - I put it in my outbox (aka trash can). 

This is because what is understood or accepted is rarely innovative, new, exiting, or world changing.  It's the crazy - or to be more politically correct - unknown idea, that makes a difference.  Everything else - to borrow the phrasing - is an incremental improvement.

Today It's a Breakthrough
So...when I have an idea and somebody looks at me like they just hand signaled the closest person to get the straight jacket, then I know I may be on to something.  If I am told "that is a great idea" or "I have heard someone suggest that before," then it goes on top of the pile of the ubiquitous raving reviews (unless of course they are raving lunatic reviews).



Enthusiastically scribbled by, 
Jason Riemens


No comments:

Post a Comment