Friday, December 14, 2012

I Already Know That!


Knowing is Not Enough.  It’s the Doing That Matters.

How many times have you been in a class, a seminar, or a training session and heard someone scornfully say, “I already know that!”  Or, even worse, how many times have you read, listened to an audiobook, or been told something by a mentor and internally said the same thing?

Unfortunately, if you are like most people, you were responding to the wrong internal question: “Did I know this already?”  When you should have been asking yourself, “How well or often do I do that?”  You may know something very well - and know you would be better off if you did it - and then never do it. 

So, when I post something in this BLOG - and many times it will be something simple and well known - don’t ask yourself if you already knew it, but instead, ask if when the opportunity arises - “Do I actually do it?”

Enthusiastically scribbled by, 
Jason Riemens


No comments:

Post a Comment